Promoting integration through the employment of Ukrainian refugees in Poland
AVSI Polska, in cooperation with the Intesa Sanpaolo Banking Group, the largest Italian banking group, faced with the situation related to the war in Ukraine, has developed a new Project to promote integration through employment of Ukrainian refugees in Poland. The general objective of the project is to support the integration of refugee women and children into the social, economic and educational fabric in Poland.
The specific objective of the project is to increase the employment and employability levels of 150 Ukrainian refugee women living in Poland with a minimum of work experience, by providing them with Polish language training, technical training aimed at employment and psychosocial accompaniment, also guaranteed for their children.
What we offer the beneficiaries:
- Training in soft skills and intensive Polish language courses to facilitate inclusion both at work and in society.
- Employment in companies in the geographical area that guarantee a contract of at least 3 months and technical training on company-specific tasks.
- Psychological and social assistance to the women and 50 children in their care, guaranteeing them opportunities to socialise with Polish peers.
- Financial support for childcare and household expenses.
We ask possible beneficiaries of the project, to:
- complete the form through the link attached,
- the willingness to attend possible interviews during the selection phase,
- the willingness, once selected, to attend training courses and especially Polish language teaching,
- specify their current place of residence and willingness to move to other cities in Poland (tends to be Warsaw if living outside the city), either as a commuter or by relocating,
- meet the following minimum requirements: basic level of Polish language knowledge and previous work experience.
Link to form for beneficiaries:
Companies interested in participating in the project are asked to:
- manage the final selection of women and guarantee a contract of at least 3 months to those selected;
- technical training for staff, including a minimum of information on company structure, IT system and supply chain management, and a module on safety at work (training costs are covered by the project);
- a minimum of flexibility is necessary to ensure that the beneficiaries can participate in all project activities (soft-skills training, tutoring, psychosocial support, language courses).
Link to form for companies:
A project for the first reception and integration of refugees in the host communities
Project objectives: Support the first reception of refugees in host communities and the subsequent medium and long-term integration, support and rebuild the psychological well-being of the victims of the Ukrainian conflict, in particular of vulnerable sections of the population (women, children, people with special needs).
The activities include supply and transport of goods, within Poland and from Poland to Ukraine, support for the transport of displaced persons from the border to transit and reception centres, psychosocial and recreational activities for both children and adults in Caritas transit and reception centres. AVSI and Caritas also provide Polish language courses aimed at supporting and fostering temporary/medium-term social inclusion. Local families who make themselves available to host refugees are compensated with a cash-for-rent system and food needs are managed through vouchers for food.
Beneficiaries: 1000 persons receiving goods, 3000 displaced persons transported, 300 refugees half of which are children.
Budget: EUR 154.796,25
Partner/ Project consortium: AVSI Polska, Avsi Foundation and Caritas Archidiecezji Lubelskej (Caritas Lublin)
Realisation period: 03/03/2022 – 30/06/2022
Supporting the initial reception of refugees in host communities
Project objectives: Support the first reception of refugees in host communities by setting up reception centres in the province of Wegrow, for transit and brief permanence of displaced people coming from Ukraine for hosting 1.000 people. The setting up activities of reception centres include the supply and purchase of basic goods, and the recruitment of teachers for Ukrainian children in public schools.
Beneficiaries: 1000 refugees from Ukraine
Budget: EUR 57.750
Partner/ Project consortium: AVSI Polska, Avsi Foundation and Węgrów District
Realisation period: 10/03/2022 – 30/06/2022
Project objectives: Support the first reception of refugees in host communities by setting up reception centres in the Municipality of Chelm, also providing basic goods and food. Moreover, the project aims at supporting the social integration of refugees, especially through activities with minors, and includes a short psychological training for volunteers to ensure basic knowledge of PFA and trauma to deal with first reception of displaced people.
Beneficiaries: 2000 refugees
Budget: EUR 151.690
Partner/ Project consortium: AVSI Polska, Avsi Foundation and Municipality of Chelm
Realisation period: 03/03/2022-30/06/2022
A project to help improve access to formal employment for Ukrainian refugees in Poland and facilitate their socio-economic integration.
Project objectives: The pilot project aims at offering the possibility to 31 Ukrainian refugee mothers to integrate the Polish labour market, through the collaboration with the company PARTNERSPOL GROUP which will offer them a job in its Łowicz plants.
To complete the socio-economic insertion in the country, AVSI provides support to the beneficiaries of the project both from an economic point of view, through support in the search for more stable housing solutions and a contribution of food support, as well as from a psycho-social point of view for refugees and their children, through the creation of a team of social workers who can support them in everyday problems and the creation of a company nursery that can take care of children during working hours, but also through the offer of language courses.
Beneficiaries: 31 Ukrainian women refugees, 62 members of their families (among which 53 minors)
Budget: EUR 52.788,75
Partner/Project consortium: AVSI Polska, Avsi Foundation and Partners Polska Sp. Z o.o. Sp.k.
Realisation period: 01/04/2022 – 30/06/2022
In addition to the projects, AVSI Polska has also contributed to the situation of the Ukrainian refugees through various donations supporting five entities on Polish territory:
- Fundacja Przyszłość Margonina, a foundation located in ul. Powstańców Wielkopolskich 15 in Margonin, received15 000 PLN to be spent on washing machines, irons, microwaves for Ukrainian refugees etc.
- The Municipality of Urząd Gminy Liw in Węgrow, ul. Mickiewicza 2, received 6369,51 PLN, through which AVSI acquired and delivered 50 cots to be provided to Ukrainians fleeing on the territory of Liw.
- For the Municipality of Gmina Miejska in Wągrowiec , ul. Kościuszki 15, AVSI acquired 50 cots, for a total of 15.250 PLN, for Ukrainians fleeing on Wagrowiec territory.
- The Monastery of Benedyktynki in Staniątka received 15.000 PLN , used for lunches for refugees living at the Monastery.
- In the Parafia of Sanktuarium Matki Bożej Nauczycielki Młodzieży (Roman Catholic Parish of the Sanctuary of Our Lady, Teacher of Youth) in Warsaw, the amount of 10.000 PLN received will be used to cover various daily needs of refugees – hygiene, food etc.
These 5 projects rely on a valid donation agreement for the record at the premises of AVSI Polska.
Helping Ukrainians fleeing war
Since the beginning of the conflict in Ukraine, on Thursday, February 24, hundreds of thousands of people have left their homes and crossed borders to seek security and peace.
AVSI Polska immediately took action to help them.
Together with the AVSI Foundation (www.avsi.org) at the outbreak of the war we immediately organized emergency interventions in the border areas and arrival posts of Ukrainian refugees in Poland.
The conflict is causing an increasing number of civilian casualties, destroying livelihoods, damaging civilian infrastructure, homes, water systems, schools and health care facilities, killing hope.
We want to help Ukrainians, but we need everyone’s support
AVSI Polska has also been the promoter of the humanitarian aid initiative called: “Italian Solidarity in Poland“.
Together with the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Poland and the Dante Alighieri Society in Warsaw, we have set up a Crisis Committee to manage this emergency and the memorandum of understanding between the three organizations has been signed.
The initiative received the High Patronage of deputy Grzegorz Piechowiak, president of the Polish-Italian Parliamentary Group, Commander of the Italian Republic – whom many of us know as Minister Plenipotentiary for Foreign Investment of the Polish Government.
AVSI Polska and AVSI Foundation will use the donations received for:
- Supply and transport of goods, within Poland and from Poland to Ukraine: life-saving food and non-food products; distribution of personal hygiene kits and COVID-19 protection kits;
- Therapy and recovery services for children, especially children with disabilities;
- Support for the transport of displaced persons from the border to transit and reception centers;
- Support for the coordination of volunteers involved in the first reception operations;
- Support for the census and registration of families present in the reception centers to ensure traceability and personalized support;
- Support for special cases: identification, accompaniment and referral of cases with special needs or particular vulnerabilities, for personalized management (women, separated or unaccompanied minors, disabled people);
- Setting up child-friendly spaces within temporary and short/medium-term reception centers for Ukrainian refugees;
- Translation and information services for guidance and integration;
- Organization of language courses to facilitate temporary or medium-term social integration for displaced persons in host countries;
- Economic support for rental costs to host families in response to housing needs;
- Support for host families;
- Meal vouchers to be spent in the area of intervention.
This is possible thanks to a wide network of partners: AVSI Foundation from Italy, Caritas SPES of Lviv, Caritas Lublin and the local administrations of Municipality of Chełm, Powiat of Węgrów, Municipality of Wągrowiec, Municipality of Liw, Municipality of Margonin and many companies and individuals who are helping with this effort.
Donate your contribution now by bank transfer to AVSI Polska account:
PLN: 07 8769 0002 0680 1313 2000 0030
EUR: 83 8769 0002 0680 1313 2000 0020